This is a general book for handbag/fashion lovers so if you have an interest in fashion across the decades and not just the ones considered vintage then there's lots of pictures to swoon over and interesting information, with an A-Z of designers including Cartier, Chloe and Osprey to name a few.
According to this book Kelly bags stand for beauty, wealth, talent and the style of Princess Grace. I'd like to think I tick all those boxes but sadly I don't! However a good bag, especially in the evening, really can finish off an outfit and even if you don't end the evening as poised as Grace Kelly, you can at least enter the party at the start of the evening looking stylish and elegant. Of course you may end up leaving it thrown over someones shoulder insisting that you're not drunk, just a little tipsy wispsy woo. Phew, I'm just glad this never happens to me...........
So when I'm not lugging a big super size bag with me, I like bags that have a clicky type clasp - I love the 'snap' sound as they click shut. My current favourite is a gorgeous black 1940s back that I got on Ebay a few months ago. It has beautiful emerald green lining and a little built in purse. It's perfect as an evening bag as there's enough room to carry all my
If you're keen to learn what your handbag may say about you, or if you just want an excuse to read a book - (I call it research!) then I have FIVE copies of this book to give away so big thanks to Carlton Books *blows kiss* To enter all you have to do is leave a comment on this post telling me how you follow Missy Vintage. Each method will be 1 entry.
Ways to follow that will count as an entry:
Google friend connect
Email (sign up box at the right of this page)
So that's five possible entries per person AND as an extra bonus entry - you can also 'like' my other page on facebook The Historical Sauces.
Six chances to win! So here's the rules in full
- Decide how you want to follow BEFORE you leave a comment, when you comment just list ALL the ways and please leave your name, twitter name, email address etc.
- *It's really easy to leave a comment: where you see the 'comment as' under the comment box a drop down box opens - if none of the options apply to you, just select anonymous - but remember to leave your name!*
- Five winners will be picked at random using random.org. This competition runs from today right now! (Wednesday 2 May 2012) to midnight UK time on Wednesday 16 May.
- Only ONE book per person. Up to six entries but you can only win one book. If the same person is randomly selected more than once, another name will be selected instead.
- This giveaway is open world wide and books will be posted internationally.
- Winners will be announced and once you've contacted me, I'll be in touch to get postal addresses. Books will be dispatched by Carlton Books directly to the give away winners.
Good luck everyone! By the way, if your are on Twitter then I recommend following Carlton Books, they are lovely tweeters and it's a fab way to keep up to date with their latest releases.
The Handbag by Carmel Allen, published by Carlton Books, £14.99, is available in all good book shops and online now.